We'll show you how to reset your iCloud password if you forgot your Apple ID password. Because your Apple ID account and your iCloud account are the same, if you forget your iCloud passcode, you'll also forget your Apple ID passcode. It's fortunately quite simple to reset Apple ID. This is how you can change your Apple ID password.
Forgot Apple Id Password? Here's What to Do
An Apple ID is the most important thing to any Apple user (besides their iPhone, of course!).
It allows you to access and store content in iCloud, as well as make FaceTime calls, send iMessages, use Apple Pay, and shop on the App Store and iTunes Store.
Given that your Apple ID is the key to so much on your iPhone, forgetting your Apple ID password is a major hassle.
If you find yourself in this situation, don't worry; you can reset your Apple ID password by going to the Apple account page. Although you can't recover your Apple ID password, you can choose a new one with ease. We have a guide to help you troubleshoot if your iPhone keeps asking for your Apple ID password.
You can change your Apple passwords in a few different ways. Changing your iCloud or Apple ID password is simple and quick if you have two-factor authentication enabled on your iPhone.
If not, resetting your password is still simple, but you'll need to use a computer and a browser.
How to Reset Your Apple ID Password (on iPhone with Two-Factor Authentication)
What is the procedure for resetting your iCloud password?
If you have an iPhone with two-factor authentication enabled, which you can enable in your iCloud Settings, you can easily reset your Apple ID password (also known as iCloud password) from within Settings. Three things are required:
- On an iPhone running iOS 10 or later, two-factor authentication must be already enabled.
- Your iPhone is already logged into iCloud.
- Your iPhone is secured with a password.
To change your password for Apple ID & iCloud on your iPhone:
- Select your name at the top of the Settings app.
- Select Password & Security.
- Change the password.
- Enter the passcode for your iPhone.
- You can now type in your new password. To double-check, type it in again.
- Choose Change.
How to Reset Apple ID Password on a Computer
Here's how to reset your forgotten iCloud password on your computer if you don't have two-factor authentication enabled (or don't want to go that route).
- Open a browser on your computer and go to the Apple ID account page.
- In the top-right corner of the screen, click Sign In.
- Apple ID and Manage Your Apple Account are located in the centre of the page. The login boxes are beneath that, and a little further down are the search boxes. You've forgotten your Apple ID or password. Please do so.
- You'll then be directed to a page where you must enter your Apple ID. Because it's always an email address, your Apple ID should be easy to remember. If you can't remember your Apple ID, click Forgot Your Apple ID? to get it. Otherwise, click Continue and enter your Apple ID.
- After that, click Continue and enter your trusted phone number
- You must now choose between resetting your password on a different device and using the trusted phone number you provided.
- It will tell you which device has received instructions for resetting your Apple ID.
- Open the listed device. A message will appear asking you to reset your password. Select Allow.
- To unlock the device, enter the passcode.
- Then enter and confirm your new password. Tap Next.
That's everything you need to do if you forgot Apple ID or Password! You now have a new Apple ID password that you can use to buy apps in the App Store, log in to iCloud, and so on.
Forgot Appled ID Password and How to Reset the Apple ID Password FAQs
How do I reset my Apple ID password without having to answer security questions?
For accounts that require or do not require security questions, Click "Forgot Apple ID or Password" on your Apple ID account page. Fill in your Apple ID. Continue after selecting the option to reset your password
How do I change the password on my Apple ID?
Select Settings. > Password & Security > [your name] Alter your password. You'll be prompted to enter your answer passcode if you're signed into iCloud and have a passcode enabled. To change your password, follow the instructions on the screen.
How can I change my Apple ID?
- Sign in to your account at appleid.apple.com.
- Choose Apple ID from the Sign-In and Security section.
- Fill in the email address you'd like to use as your Apple ID.
- Change your Apple ID.
Please leave a useful comment with your thoughts, then share this on your Facebook group(s) who would find this useful and let's reap the benefits together. Thank you for sharing and being nice!
Disclosure: This page may contain links to external sites for products which we love and wholeheartedly recommend. If you buy products we suggest, we may earn a referral fee. Such fees do not influence our recommendations and we do not accept payments for positive reviews.