- Your Google Chrome app can be used to store your passwords on an Android phone or tablet.
- You can access the passwords saved in the Google Chrome app on a Mac or PC as well, because the app is connected to your Google account.
- Any passwords saved on your Android phone can also be removed using the Chrome app.
Previously, when using the internet, you had to remember each password separately and manually type them in.
We are fortunate to have password managers today. You can sign into most websites without typing anything by using password managers, which keep track of all your passwords and allow you to view them at any time.
Your Android phone has a built-in password manager that will keep track of all the passwords you use with the Google Chrome app if it is connected to a Google account.
Any computer with Google Chrome connected to that Google account can use the same passwords.
The steps listed below can be used to find, export, and even delete the passwords saved on your Android device.
How to find saved passwords on your Android phone
- Open the Google Chrome browser on your Android phone and tap the three dots in the top-right corner. These three dots may appear in the bottom corner of some devices instead.
- Click "Settings" in the pop-up menu.
- Select "Passwords" from the menu that appears. Your password or a face or touch scan may be required.
- A lengthy list of websites will be displayed to you, each of which has a username and password saved. Tap on the website you want to look up your password for, then tap the eye icon to see what it is.
- Tap the icon next to it that resembles two stacked squares to copy the password so you can paste it somewhere else, such as an email or a note. By doing this, the password will be copied to your phone's clipboard.
- The password can be removed by tapping the trashcan icon at the top of the screen.
How to find saved Android passwords FAQ’s
How can I export my phone's passwords?
By visiting the Settings > Passwords page and selecting the icon with three vertical dots in the top right corner of the screen, you can do that. Select your preferred method after selecting Export Passwords. All of your passwords will be saved in an unprotected text file, so beware. So be sure it is placed somewhere safe.
How can I view my saved WiFi password on my Android device?
Navigate to your wireless router's admin panel. Go to the "Settings" page now. You can view your Wi-Fi password by going to the "Wireless" settings page and selecting the "Wireless Security" option.
Where are Android phone and device app passwords stored?
The browser itself contains a copy of the App passwords. Since they are secure and encrypted, you need a browser to access them. Some browsers save the encrypted passwords online, while others store them on your device's storage.
Please leave a useful comment with your thoughts, then share this on your Facebook group(s) who would find this useful and let's reap the benefits together. Thank you for sharing and being nice!
Disclosure: This page may contain links to external sites for products which we love and wholeheartedly recommend. If you buy products we suggest, we may earn a referral fee. Such fees do not influence our recommendations and we do not accept payments for positive reviews.