Did you encounter the message "It looks like you don't have any applicable devices linked to your Microsoft Account" when trying to download an app or game from Microsoft. Frustrating right?
But it's very easy to fix this problem.
This usually happens when you are trying to install a game from the Microsoft store if your Xbox device is not linked to your Microsoft account.
The error typically happens when your device and your Microsoft account experience a lost or interrupted connection.
You can fix the error "It looks like you don't have any applicable devices linked to your Microsoft Account" by restarting the Microsoft Store or deleting the Microsoft Store database file, as explained in more details below. But first, let's make sure we know some of the typical causes of the error so that we can avoid this problem happening in the future.
Check out how to resolve this issue on this video:
Why do I keep getting "It looks like you don't have any applicable devices linked to your Microsoft account"?
Although there are many potential causes, the most prevalent one is that your Windows is not up to date with the most recent patch. This is the list of potential reasons.
- Not using the right account to log in (the same one linked to your Xbox or where the software will need to be installed).
- This sometimes happens due to some glitches and bugs with the Microsoft store.
- If you registered more than 10 devices, the allowed number of devices may have been reached.
- The database file of the Microsoft may be corrupted.
Now, let's see how to solve the error by applying each of the below suggested solutions in turn.
How To Fix The Error
Verify the Microsoft account
Verify that you are logged in with the correct email account because the error could be caused if the Microsoft account you are using is incorrect or different from the one where the software needs to be installed. You can perform the following steps to verify that you are using the correct account
- Pess Windows Key + I to access Settings.
- Click the Accounts menu.
- Then select Email & App Accounts from the Account window's left side.
Verify the email accounts, but add a Microsoft account if you are logged in with a local account.
- Use the local account information to log in.
- Go to Settings now and select the Your Info section.
- Select Sign in with a Microsoft account in its place.
Check if the error is fixed.
Reset the Microsoft Store
Resetting your Microsoft Store may help you if the error is being caused by one of the glitches or bugs mentioned above.
Please take note that resetting the Microsoft Store will remove your account's login information. Therefore, before completing the steps outlined below, be sure to remember or write down the login information (email address) and especially make sure that you know the password.
- Simply press Windows + I to open the Settings app.
- Afterward, select the "Apps" section.
- After entering the "Apps" section, type "Microsoft Store" in the search box.
- Now double-click on the Advanced options under Microsoft Store.
- Now look for and select the Reset button. A confirmation button will appear; select Reset, and then click Close.
Once the process is complete, restart your computer. At this point, the error "It looks like you don't have any applicable devices linked to your Microsoft account" should be resolved.
Verify that you haven't exceeded the Device Limit
It's possible that you've used more devices than allowed. One MS account may install the Microsoft store on up to ten different devices.
If there are more than 10 connected devices, you could encounter the error above. Check the connected devices and unplug any that are not needed any more, maybe on old devices tha t you no longer use. To do this, perform the following steps:-
- Open this link "here" in your web browser to log into your Microsoft account.
- Choose Manage device limitations.
- Verify the number of connected devices on the list; if there are more than 10, remove the unnecessary ones.
- And make sure the game or app works with your gadget.
Update your Windows OS
Windows should always be kept updated in order to become more secure and reliable. Microsoft sometimes also releases a number of updates or patches to address frequent errors and bugs.
It may therefore be possible for you to resolve the "It looks like you don't have any applicable devices" error by updating Windows 10 with the most recent patch or update.
Identify any pending or recent updates, then install them.
- In order to launch the Settings App, press Windows Key + I.
- Next, select Update & Security, and then select Check for Updates.
- Install each update that is available after the check is complete.
Restart your computer after the update is finished to see if the issue persists.
Remove Microsoft Store Database Files
Deleting the Microsoft Store database file might help if the solutions already mentioned don't work to resolve the error.
Additionally, many users discovered that doing this resolved their issue. Follow these steps to remove Microsoft Store Database Files: -
- Open C drive, click on Windows, then select SoftwareDistribution.
- Next, select DataStore and then click DataStore.edb to remove it.
- Restart your computer after deleting the.edb file.
Hopefully, the error will be fixed once you launch the Microsoft store.
Re-register your Microsoft Store Application
Last but not least, to get rid of the "It looks like you don't have any applicable devices linked to your Microsoft account" error, try re-registering the store application. Take the suggested actions to do this:
- Open the Run dialogue box by pressing the Windows key and R simultaneously.
- Now type cmd into the Run box to launch the Command Prompt.
- Additionally, paste or type the following command into the command prompt:
powershell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $Env:SystemRootWinStoreAppxManifest.XML
Simply shut down the Command Prompt and restart your computer after the command has been successfully executed.
It looks like you don't have any applicable devices linked to your microsoft account FAQs
How do I resolve the error "don't have any applicable devices linked to MS Account"?
The error "It looks like you don't have any applicable devices linked to MS Account" can be fixed by restarting the Microsoft Store or deleting the Microsoft Store database file, as explained above, if the problem is not account related.
Why can't Windows 10 be installed on my device?
Sign into a device with your Microsoft account to install it. The error typically happens when your device and your Microsoft account experience a lost or interrupted connection.
How many devices can have the Microsoft Store installed on them?
One MS account may install the Microsoft store on up to ten different devices. If there are more than 10 connected devices, you could encounter an error. Check the connected devices and unplug any that are unnecessary.
Please leave a useful comment with your thoughts, then share this on your Facebook group(s) who would find this useful and let's reap the benefits together. Thank you for sharing and being nice!
Disclosure: This page may contain links to external sites for products which we love and wholeheartedly recommend. If you buy products we suggest, we may earn a referral fee. Such fees do not influence our recommendations and we do not accept payments for positive reviews.