By default Joomla describes the default page or "HomePage" using the word "Home". However, sometimes we want to completely get rid of it, for various reasons. Maybe you want your "Home" icon to show instead of the text home, or maybe you want people to click on your logo to visit the homepage. Whatever your reasons, sometimes you don't want the word "Home" to be visible. This is quite easy to do in Joomla 3.
To do this follow these steps:
- Go to the menu item: Menus > Main menu (or whatever the name of the menu with the Home is)
- Click on the Home menu item
- Switch to the Advanced Options
- Switch to the Page Display Options
- Switch OFF "Show Page Heading"