One of the best ways to improve your productivity as a blogger is to learn WordPress keyboard shortcuts that can speed up your writing and editing process while working from the WordPress dashboard. After all, we all are busy people with lots of different tasks to work on each day.
In this article, let’s take a look at various WordPress keyboard shortcuts that can save you precious time while working from the WordPress dashboard.
WordPress Keyboard shortcuts for writing and editing
Speed up your writing and editing phases of blogging by using the below shortcuts. If you are on Mac, you’ll need to use the command key instead of the Ctrl key.
- Ctrl + c = Copy
- Ctrl + v = Paste
- Ctrl + a = Select all
- Ctrl + z = Undo
- Ctrl + y = Redo
- Ctrl + b = Bold
- Ctrl + i = Italic
- Ctrl + u = Underline
- Ctrl + 1 = Heading 1
- Ctrl + 2 = Heading 2
- Ctrl + 3 = Heading 3
- Ctrl + 4 = Heading 4
- Ctrl + 5 = Heading 5
- Ctrl + 6 = Heading 6
- Ctrl + 9 = Address
Styling your writings
Follow the below shortcuts for styling your writings.
- Alt + Shift + n = Check spelling
- Alt + Shift + l = Align left
- Alt + Shift + j = Justify text
- Alt + Shift + c = Align center
- Alt + Shift + d = Strikethrough
- Alt + Shift + r = Align right
- Alt + Shift + u = Unordered list
- Alt + Shift + a = Insert link
- Alt + Shift + o = Ordered list
- Alt + Shift + s = Remove link
- Alt + Shift + q = Quote
- Alt + Shift + m = Insert image
- Alt + Shift + w = Distraction free writing mode
- Alt + Shift + t = Insert more tag
- Alt + Shift + p = Insert page break
- Alt + Shift + h = Help
After crafting the content and editing the content, comment moderation is the most laborious task you’ll have to work on as a blogger.
There are a lot of shortcuts that can help speed up your comments moderation process. Here are some of them.
Before proceeding with this step, make sure you enable WordPress keyboard shortcuts for comments moderation from your profile page.
Select a comment and follow the below shortcuts.
- A – Approve the comment
- S – Mark the comment as spam
- D – Delete the comment
- Z – Restore the comment
- U – Approved comment returns to moderation
- R – Reply to the comment
- Q – Activates quick edit for inline editing of the comment
If you're interested in other WP tricks, check out our full list of 101 WordPress tips here.
Do you know any other more WordPress keyboard shortcuts that are not being shared on this post? Let us know…
Please leave a useful comment with your thoughts, then share this on your Facebook group(s) who would find this useful and let's reap the benefits together. Thank you for sharing and being nice!
Disclosure: This page may contain links to external sites for products which we love and wholeheartedly recommend. If you buy products we suggest, we may earn a referral fee. Such fees do not influence our recommendations and we do not accept payments for positive reviews.