Joomla 3 has a great feature for Joomla SEO - you are able to customise the page titles for any page to whatever you want to. If you want to target specific keywords for specific pages, you can easily do this. The title is a great place to put good keywords to improve the SEO of the current page. The drawback is that this is done on a menu item level, not at page / content level - to do this at page level you'll probably need to look for an external component. So on to how we do this:
- Find the menu item which you want to optimize (say the home page) Menus > (Menu name) > menu item
- Click on Advanced Options > Page Display Options
- Find the "Browser Page Title"
- Insert the title which you want to show, ideally using the target keywords you want
- Save, close and refresh that page :)