Is it possible to recover call history on iPhone that has been deleted? Yes, and this is exactly what we are going to show you in the article below.
"How do I recover deleted iPhone call history?" - You, right after you cleaned your phone and remembered you did not save that 1 important phone call log
It's a absolute pity if you lose all of your call history or call logs by accident, or when you have just performed a cleanup.
It's always at that point that you remember that you needed a specific phone number you forget to add as a contact.
When this happens, particularly if a number in your call log is extremely important and you were unable to save it, this article will save the day.
Returning to the original question, "Is it possible to recover deleted call history from iPhone?". Yes, the deleted iPhone call history can be recovered.
Let's see all the different ways of how to get your iPhone's deleted call history back.
How to Recover Deleted iPhone Call History
Now, in this section, we'll begin recovering your iPhone's call history. iOS is very good at recovering files that have been lost or deleted. It was created to assist iOS users in recovering any files they may have lost, regardless of how they were lost.
How to Recover a Deleted iPhone Call Log
To recover deleted call history on iPhone, follow the steps outlined below.
You have three options:
- You may be able to restore your iPhone to a previous state before the call log was deleted,
- You can contact your phone provider,
- or you can use a third-party app.
Here's a quick rundown of each of the three options.
1. Using an iCloud backup, restore your iPhone's deleted call history.
This is probably the simplest and quickest way to recover a lost iPhone call log. If you have an iCloud backup from before you deleted the call history, you should be able to restore your phone to that iCloud backup to get it back.
Find your last iCloud backup to see if it was taken before you deleted your call log.
- Go to Settings and select your profile from the menu.
- Select iCloud > Manage Storage > Backups from the iCloud menu.
- A list of backups for your devices will appear. Tap the one for your iPhone to see when it was last backed up.
- Even if you find an appropriate backup, you'll need to completely reset your iPhone to factory settings before using the older backup to set up your iPhone. Any data you've added since the backup will be lost, so make sure to save copies of any recent files you want to keep separate.
- Go to General > Reset > Erase All Content and Settings to reset your iPhone. Select to restore from an iCloud backup and choose the backup from before you erased your text message once your iPhone restarts and begins the setup process.
2. How to Recover Deleted iPhone Contacts from iTunes or Finder Backups
You can back up your iPhone to your PC or Mac using iTunes if you don't want to rely on automatic iCloud backups or don't have enough iCloud storage space for them (or Finder in macOS Catalina or later).
This, like the previous iCloud method, requires a backup from before you deleted the call log, as well as resetting your phone and restoring from that backup. After the backup, you'll reset the phone to the state it was when it was last backed up
- Connect your iPhone to the computer or Mac where you backed it up. Open iTunes manually if it does not open automatically. (Open Finder instead if you're on a Mac running Catalina or later.)
- In the top left-hand corner, click the iPhone icon. Select your device from the lefthand menu bar in Finder on a Mac running macOS Catalina or later.
- Step 3: After that, select Restore Backup. Your previously backed-up data will now take the place of the data on your iPhone. It will only take a few moments. If you haven't backed up since deleting that call history, it should now show up in your phone's normal call log.
3. Contact your carrier to recover a deleted iPhone call log.
Your network provider may keep a record of your call history. If you've accidentally deleted a crucial call log, you might be able to get a copy by calling your carrier and asking them for your call log history.
To prove your identity, you may need to go through a series of questions, or even obtain permission from the other party you were calling. Most carriers only keep call history records for a certain amount of time—you're unlikely to be able to recover deleted iPhone call history from a year ago.
However, as a last resort, you can request a copy of your call history from your carrier, and it's worth calling the customer service number to inquire about it.
4. Recover your iPhone's deleted call history using a 3rd party tool
There are a number of third-party software tools that claim to be able to recover deleted data from your iPhone, including call history. It's a bit of a gamble because they're almost never free, and there's no guarantee that they'll work.
However, if all other options have been exhausted, these apps might be worth a shot.
Why You May Lose Call History on iPhone
Before we end this article about recovering your call history from your iOS device, it's important to understand why you might have lost your call history, as this will help us avoid worrying about it the second time.
There are many unfortunate accidents in which you could lose your iPhone's call logs.
- It's possible that your iPhone is broken.
- You unintentionally deleted it.
- Or maybe you're the type who doesn't save phone numbers in your contact list.
- Alternatively, you may be unable to save the numbers before they are deleted.
It can be quite frustrating if you lose all of your call logs or call history all of a sudden, especially if there is a number on your call history that is extremely important.
We know losing important iPhone call history can be quite frustrating. Whatever the reason for losing your call logs, don't worry; with iPhone backup, you can easily recover all of your iPhone's deleted call logs.
Recover Deleted iPhone Call History FAQs
How do you recover iCloud call logs that have been deleted or lost?
You can try this procedure to recover iCloud call logs that have been deleted or lost. Sign in to your iCloud account first. Choose "Recover from iCloud Backup File" from the utility's startup menu, then sign up for an iCloud account. Save an iCloud backup to your computer. Select an iCloud backup that contains the call logs you've lost once you've logged in, then click the Download button.
How far back does the iPhone's call history go?
Regardless of how old the calls are, iPhones store the 1,000 most recent calls." However, you can only see the last 100 calls on the phone itself. This limit can't be changed. You can delete some of the most recent entries if you want to go back further in your call history.
Why aren't my call logs visible on my phone?
Sometimes call logs not visible is a temporary issue. This simple trick appears to have worked wonders for people who have lost their call history temporarily. The trick is as simple as restarting your iPhone. If there is a temporary problem, the call log will be displayed after the system has been restarted. Another suggested trick is to Enable Airplane mode on your iPhone for a while to see if it helps.
Please leave a useful comment with your thoughts, then share this on your Facebook group(s) who would find this useful and let's reap the benefits together. Thank you for sharing and being nice!
Disclosure: This page may contain links to external sites for products which we love and wholeheartedly recommend. If you buy products we suggest, we may earn a referral fee. Such fees do not influence our recommendations and we do not accept payments for positive reviews.