YOU! - Write for us. We’re always looking for new authors who can write awesome content! If you’ve got a great idea, have great content you want to feature, want challenge our readers and move our industry forward, we want to hear about it. Even if you just want to bring readers a fresh perspective on a topic that’s keeping you up at night - we want to hear from you.
Let's be honest from the get-go: writing for us is not easy. We want our article to really worth the time it takes you to write and most especially our readers to read it. We’ll give your lots of feedback and push you to bring out the best from you and your content.
Thousands of people will read your work, we get literally hundreds of hits a day, and we are always growing.
What we publish
We accept submissions for original, feature-length articles only. Ideally the content will run for at least 2,000 to 2,500 words. We do not publish anything that’s been published elsewhere (including on your blog).
You may submit a few topic ideas with a rough draft, or a paragraph or two summarizing your argument and why it’s important to our readers) and an outline. The more complete your submission is, the better feedback we can give you.
Before you submit make sure your submission:
- Offers a clear argument, if it's a list of tips and tricks it needs to be an epic list such as our 101 ways to increase traffic with Social Networks
- Has a voice. Be bold, interesting, and human.
- Is written for an audience of designers, developers, web design freelancers, or similar.
- Is supported with convincing arguments, not just opinions. Check your facts, and cite sources where appropriate - outgoing links are good
We don’t feature press releases or sales pitches. Don't waste your time - or ours ;-) If you want to do that - you can advertise
How to submit (and what happens next)
Here’s what happens after you hit send:
- An editor will review your submission and determine whether it’s a potential fit.
- The editor will get back to you with notes. (We’ll tell you if we’re interested.)
- Once you’ve addressed our comments, you’ll send your revised draft back. We’ll discuss it again and let you know if it’s accepted.
- If we accept your article, an editor will work closely with you on issues like organization, argumentation, and style.
- We publish your article and push it across various of our outreach sources