YOU! - Write for us. We’re always looking for new authors who can write awesome content! If you’ve got a great idea, have great content you want to feature, want challenge our readers and move our industry forward, we want to hear about it. Even if you just want to bring readers a fresh perspective on a topic that’s keeping you up at night - we want to hear from you.
Let's be honest from the get-go: writing for us is not easy. We want our article to really worth the time it takes you to write and most especially our readers to read it. We’ll give your lots of feedback and push you to bring out the best from you and your content.
Thousands of people will read your work, we get literally hundreds of hits a day, and we are always growing.
What we publish
We accept submissions for original, feature-length articles only. Ideally the content will run for at least 2,000 to 2,500 words. We do not publish anything that’s been published elsewhere (including on your blog).
You may submit a few topic ideas with a rough draft, or a paragraph or two summarizing your argument and why it’s important to our readers) and an outline. The more complete your submission is, the better feedback we can give you.
Before you submit make sure your submission:
- Offers a clear argument, if it's a list of tips and tricks it needs to be an epic list such as our 101 ways to increase traffic with Social Networks
- Has a voice. Be bold, interesting, and human.
- Is written for an audience of designers, developers, web design freelancers, or similar.
- Is supported with convincing arguments, not just opinions. Check your facts, and cite sources where appropriate - outgoing links are good
We don’t feature press releases or sales pitches. Don't waste your time - or ours ;-) If you want to do that - you can advertise
Article titles we'd like to write
These days, we're not looking to publish generic articles, we're focused towards keyword optimized articles around specific search intent - articles written to satisfy a specific user's search query.
These are some of the articles we'd like to get written. We prefer if you write a complete article for these titles:
- All in one wp security & firewall vs Wordfence
- 30+ Free and Premium WordPress Wedding Themes (Roundup)
- 30+ Free and Premium WordPress Coming Soon Themes (Roundup)
- The Complete Guide to WordPress Roles
- ElegantThemes Extra Review
- ElegantThemes Monarch Review
- Full review of any Elegant Themes theme or plugin (which has not been reviewed on this site already)
How to submit (and what happens next)
Here’s what happens after you hit send:
- An editor will review your submission and determine whether it’s a potential fit.
- The editor will get back to you with notes. (We’ll tell you if we’re interested.)
- Once you’ve addressed our comments, you’ll send your revised draft back. We’ll discuss it again and let you know if it’s accepted.
- If we accept your article, an editor will work closely with you on issues like organization, argumentation, and style.
- We publish your article and push it across various of our outreach sources
Please leave a useful comment with your thoughts, then share this on your Facebook group(s) who would find this useful and let's reap the benefits together. Thank you for sharing and being nice!